Poste publié le 13/08/2014
Type de contrat CDI
Niveau d'étude Bac + 5 et Plus
Niveau d'expérience Au moins 10 ans
Fonction / Service: Health
Poste n° 348
Reports To: Deputy Country Representative (DCR)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The program against malaria is funded by the Transitional Funding Mechanism (TFM) of the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. It covers a period of two (2) years from July 2013 to June 2015. It has two (2) objectives, namely the support of uncomplicated malaria in health facilities by the provision of test kits and medication, and the prevention of malaria through the mass distribution of LLINs supported by outreach. The program covers the entire population of Niger.
Coordinate the implementation of the program against malaria funded by the Global Fund and provide appropriate technical leadership ensuring full achievement of project objectives. In particular, the program manager ensures that all planned activities are executed within the agreed timetable, within the budgetary allocation and achieve the expected results, as agreed with the Global Fund.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Manage the Coordination Unit.
• Coordinate all training activities, data collection for the Global Fund Malaria Programme with the assistance of a multidisciplinary team.
• Work with the NMCP, USAID, WHO, partner group Roll Back Malaria and any other institution or service involved in the prevention and management of malaria.
• Prepare and / or review all reports
• Ensure that the data compilation is done correctly and that it is of high quality
• Participate in meetings and conferences on malaria interventions in Niger and outside.
Ensure minimization of risks through the implementation of the management plan of sub-recipients and risks
• Develop initiatives to improve the visibility of interventions CRS in the implementation of projects financed by the Global Fund
• Evaluate the internal and external issues that have impact on the implementation of the program and inform the management of CRS
• In collaboration with the NMCP, provide strategic leadership on issues related to the supply chain and delivery of medicines and health products and their distribution to targeted populations throughout the territory of Niger.
• Develop strategies and maintain relationships to improve advocacy and collaboration with regional and international partners (eg RBM, UNICEF, WHO, World Bank, USAID) and other organizations and individuals concerned.
• Provide assistance in the development and implementation of strategies and tools for the periodic assessment of the impact of project activities.
• Ensure that all best practices and lessons learned are shared within and outside the project.
Coordination of subcontractors
• Coordinate strategies used by sub-recipients to ensure consistency in the program and the system of monitoring and evaluation.
• Serve as the primary liaison between CRS and sub-recipients.
• Produce guidelines for sub-recipients on the conduct of activities and coordinate the process of development and integration of work plans to ensure an annual work plan for the project.
• Ensure that specialized technical expertise is well recognized and used and advanced knowledge on malaria are reflected in the work of the project staff.
• Ensure that resources are planned appropriately to meet the technical assistance needs of the project including quantification of products, capacity building, the procurement plan and strengthening the delivery chain
Budget, Planning and Financial Report
• Study the budgetary and financial reports and ensure the appropriate use of project funds.
• Make sure that the submission of financial reports are made on time and in accordance with the financial procedures of the Global Fund.
• Coordinate with the finance department of CRS concerning the accountability of funds.
• Produce progress reports and final reports to executive staff, partners, regional structure of CRS and donors in a timely manner,
• Ensure that project funds advances and liquidations are conducted according to the rules established in the Memorandum of Understanding of the project.
• Ensure compliance with the application of safeguard measures enacted by the Global Fund
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Ensure monitoring and evaluation (M & E) is operational and produces regular reports.
• Work with the Head of M & E and / or external consultants to continue to have access to information collected and validate the data collected.
• Work with the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation to coordinate the various studies, databases, and evaluations.
• Contribute to good planning and facilitating internal and external audits of projects funded by the Global Fund
Human Resource Management
• Participate in the process of recruitment for needed staff
• Supervise and support the staff of the Management Unit
• Coordinate the development of annual performance plans of employees
• Conduct periodic reviews of quarterly work plans
• In collaboration with the Deputy Resident Representative provide training for staff
• Oversee the implementation of policies and procedures for CRS in the management of human resources
• Provides guidance to employees as needed to improve performance
Integration of Program
• Provide appropriate information to other programs as needed
• Identify mechanisms where relevant messages on the prevention of malaria can be integrated into other program areas.
Supervisory Responsibility: 3 direct reports: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Operations Manager and Communications Specialist
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
· Serves with Integrity
· Models Stewardship
· Cultivates Constructive Relationships
· Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Country Representative, Deputy Country Representative, Operations Officer (HoOPS), Manager of Finance, Administrative Manager, Responsible for procurement and supply, Internal Auditor, Deputy Regional Director, Regional Technical Advisors, Consultants, and headquarters.
External: Portfolio Manager, Global Fund; Local Fund Agent / Global Fund; Sub-recipients; Global Fund Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM); Coordinator, National Programme for the Fight against Malaria (NMCP); Regional Directorates of Public Health (DRSP); WHO, UNICEF, UNDP, RBM; Ministry of Public Health; Fiduciary Agent; Principal Recipients other Global Fund Programs
• Masters in International Development, Public Health, or a related technical field
• Ten years of experience in positions of high responsibility in the management of large grants that support health programs in the context of African countries
• Experience in coordinating programs that combine several agencies
• Strong preference for candidates with at least five years of experience in programming of malaria and an ability to provide technical assistance to partner organizations
• Have experience in a supply system of public health and / or logistics in the private sector in developing countries chain.
• Excellent oral communication and good interpersonal relationship required.
• Fluent French and English, essential.
• Have strong skills, initiative, and motivation, with a commitment to work in groups.
• To be effective in an environment of participatory management
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Secteur d'activité: Aide et assistance au développement
Type de poste: Temps plein
Horaires de travail: Horaire normal
Langue de travail: Français
Deuxième langue de travail: Anglais
Rémunération: Voir annonce
|Postuler||Postuler sur le site du Recruteur|