Référence annonce 6KEED 0007RP
Poste publié le
Type de contrat CDD
Au moins 7 ans
Fonction / Service:
Date limite candidature
Contexte / Présentation de l'employeur
Grade : P-4
Organizational Unit: FIELD OFFICES
Recruitment open to : Internal candidates
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Salary : 96 000 USD (Annual Salary)
Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : May 11, 2014
Description du Poste et Responsabilités
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education, and the direct supervision of the Director of the UNESCO Multisectoral Office in Nairobi, the incumbent will be responsible for the development, planning and the implementation of the organisation's education programme in the countires covered by the UNESCO Nairobi Multisectoral office (viz: Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, and Uganda) as well as, the three national offices (Ethiopia, South Sudan and Tanzania). The incumbent’s main activities will be to:
- Promote UNESCO’s vision both internally and externally in the Region; participate in identifying strategic issues, opportunities and risks, to effectively integrate them into organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with others to effectively implement and monitor the strategies of the Multisectoral Office, and revise these as circumstances require.
- Conceptualise, design, develop and implement activities that will improve access and quality of basic education across the sub-region with particular attention to basic education.
- Design and coordinate the implementation of a capacity development programme in strategic planning in education and provide technical contribution to regional and sub-regional organisations, as well as technical backstopping to national offices.
- Develop joint programmes with other UN agencies and ensure UNESCO’s participation in UN country team (UNCT), UN Development Assitance Framework (UNDAF) and the delivering as one programme in the member countries.
- Develop Regional partnerships to mobilize additional programmes.
- Identify key internal and external stakeholders and work collaboratively with them in the pursuit of UNESCO’s goals and mandate.
Profil et critères de sélection du candidat
- Advanced University degree (equivalent to Masters level) in education, social sciences or other related area.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive responsible experience both at national and international level, of which at least 4 years in the planning, development and implementation of educational programmes.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills, ability to collect, synthesise and analyse information from various sources.
- Proven ability to identify emerging educational trends and needs and ability to plan strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into priorities and action.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare, present and discuss findings and recommendations on issues clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work in a team and to maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
- Academic background in the field of pedagogy, teacher education, gender equality, curriculum planning, and economics of education.
- Professional experience in the field context, preferably in Africa.
- Fair knowledge of French.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution ( last update) and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and und er-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts . UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Informations complémentaire sur l'emploi
Secteur d'activité: Organisme international
Langue de travail: Anglais
Deuxième langue de travail: Français
Délai de candidature: 11/05/2014