Référence annonce 140895
Poste publié le
Type de contrat Local
Durée du contrat 2 ans ou plus
Au moins 3 ans
Fonction / Service:
Date limite candidature
Contexte / Présentation de l'employeur
The World Bank, the leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is recruiting a Team Assistant for an initial period of 2 years to provide a full range of office support work. The Team Assistant is recruited locally and will be posted in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, but may be asked to travel internationally to receive training abroad.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Description du Poste et Responsabilités
The Team Assistant will be based in Equatorial Guinea and shall operate under the overall guidance of the Country Manager for Equatorial Guinea based in Libreville. He/she shall provide administrative and operational support to World Bank resident experts in Malabo working on a project for the development of the statistical system in the country, as well as to other visiting and resident World Bank staff, and support the World Bank country office in Libreville in its communication and interaction with the Equatoguinean government.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year renewable term appointment.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events such as visits by high level Bank visiting missions, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Draft standard letters, memos, faxes etc conforming to the organizational regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the World Bank’s work program in Equatorial Guinea, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, procurement, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc.
- Provide assistance in formatting and editing large documents.
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application.
- Deliver, receive and file official World Bank communication.
- Attend meetings, draft minutes and ensure timely clearance and distribution.
- Maintain / update current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents to relevant task teams.
Essential Specialized Skills/Knowledge/Competencies
- Proficiency in using advanced functions of Bank standard computer applications and adaptability to use state-of-the-art software.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment (e.g. computers, photocopy, fax machines, etc.)
- Understanding of basic file/record systems.
- Proficient English and Spanish skills (verbal and written) including ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuations and style.
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to interact and work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to seek assistance from more experienced staff and learn from them.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under pressure.
- Ability to follow through on team priorities with minimum supervision.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment, as required.
Profil et critères de sélection du candidat
- A Minimum of college diploma in Secretarial Studies or Office Management
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a large international or service or Private Sector Organization
- Proficiency in using advance functions of standard computer applications and adaptability to use state-of-the-art software.
- Knowledge of and ability to executive business processes involving diverse and work procedures related to the processing and production of assigned outputs in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written) and effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information. Also ability to adapt to changing business need by continuous learning/training.
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural/disciplinary environment and able to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Technology and systems knowledge - Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills as technology.
- Project and task management - Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures - Demonstrates knowledge of own department's programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation - Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients' needs and complete them professionally.
- Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Informations complémentaire sur l'emploi
Secteur d'activité: Banque et établissement financier
Type de poste: Temps plein
Horaires de travail: Horaire normal
Langue de travail: Anglais
Rémunération: Voir annonce
Délai de candidature: 02/09/2014