Contexte / Présentation de l'employeur
The World Bank, the leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is recruiting a Team Assistant for an initial period of 2 years to provide a full range of office support work. The Team Assistant is recruited locally and will be posted in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, but may be asked to travel internationally. The Team Assistant will be based in Equatorial Guinea and shall operate under the overall guidance of the Country Manager for Equatorial Guinea based in Libreville. He/she shall provide administrative and operational support to World Bank resident experts in Malabo working on a project for the development of the statistical system in the country, as well as to other visiting and resident World Bank staff, and support the World Bank country office in Libreville in its communication and interaction with the Equatoguinean government.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Profil et critères de sélection du candidat
- A Minimum of college diploma in Secretarial Studies or Office Management
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a large international or service or Private Sector Organization
- Proficiency in using advance functions of standard computer applications and adaptability to use state-of-the-art software.
- Knowledge of and ability to executive business processes involving diverse and work procedures related to the processing and production of assigned outputs in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written) and effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information. Also ability to adapt to changing business need by continuous learning/training.
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural/disciplinary environment and able to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Technology and systems knowledge - Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills as technology.
- Project and task management - Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures - Demonstrates knowledge of own department's programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- •Versatility and adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation - Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients' needs and complete them professionally.
- Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Informations complémentaire sur l'emploi
Secteur d'activité: Administration
Langue de travail: Anglais
Deuxième langue de travail: Espagnol
Délai de candidature: 29/01/2014