Contexte / Présentation de l'employeur
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
DHL Express, one of the business units of DHL, takes care of global dispatch and delivery of parcel and express shipments. Come discover the unique, international spirit of DHL in an atmosphere where your commitment is recognized and rewarded.
Description du Poste et Responsabilités
Overall Role Purpose
Develop, deploy, and implement security programs, projects in order to achieve West Africa Zonal security strategy objectives.
Professionally investigate, analyze, and prevent security threats in West Africa. Develop security systems and processes and set standards.
Reports to Head of Security SSA
RCS Grade: K
Date approved : 1 July, 2014
Scope of Role
Budgeted T/O in m or bn € [year]
Number of countries covered 2014
No. Of FTEs
Direct/Indirect reports [year]
Provide expertise leadership to countries within West Africa
Business Areas Covered
Expected profit of business
in m or bn €
Other relevant dimension
Other relevant dimension
No of shipments +/1 00 mio/an
Support external customers
Specific Role context
Manage the security of DHL and provide security expertise to the West African countries (excluding Nigeria) to ensure the safety and well being of our employees and assets. Implement and enforce the West Africa security strategy – this should be aligned with the Regional Security strategy, policy and procedures. Lead security resources and drive cost management improvement activities and ensure the provision of a market leading service to DHL customers.
Provide a neutral point of contact to which any person or organization can communicate any concerns about Code of Conduct violations or dishonest, destructive or illegal acts and on the basis of reasonable belief that those reports will be investigated thoroughly and objectively. Solution development, coordination, and assistance, for issues and requests raised by all the West African Countries and customers. Provides and implements the structures, guidelines, and personnel training to achieve the Regional target of security.
The position is also responsible for developing audit processes and setting security audit standards. Achieve the annual target of security audits, managing internal and external audit teams and ensuring prompt delivery of audit findings and recommendations.
Specific Role challenge
- Ensure acceptance of security targets and audit processes throughout DHL Express.
- Raise functions about security issues.
- Reduction of number of security incidents.
Overall goals / Typical measures
- Provide security expertise and leadership for implementation of security strategy and projects to functions, countries and industry segments.
- Provide Area (Zone) with threat and risk assessment processes. This should be updated as required.
- Advise on outcome of country threat and risk assessments.
- Plan and lead security audits throughout the Area to assess security processes, personnel awareness and training.
- Support and coordinate cross-border and cross-region security investigations.
- To assist and guide local and regional management in the handling of what are often complex legal, personnel and procedural issues and minimize DHL’s exposure to liability in any civil or criminal actions that may result from the incidents investigated
- Improved performance in countries security.
- Reduction of
- loss rate in countries
- accounts of responsibility
- Timely audit reports and clear recommendations.
- Successful investigations into incidents/losses.
- Provide customers, individually or within industry segments, with advice and expertise around security issues, designing specific solutions and negotiating security processes.
- Achievement of securitySLA’s per customer.
- Deliver and reinforce security awareness company-wide across the Area / Zone.
- Provide updated information and understanding of Zonal security situation.
- Timely and clear reporting on security evolution and areas of concern.
- Annual Security Compliance Report.
- Manage external security consultants.
- Maximise added-value of consultants.
- Implement and/or deploy
- Countries & customers risk matrices and standard security provision/solutions per risk levels.
- Standard security plan template
- Facility classification concept.
- Design and develop threat & risks assessment processes for area, countries, industry segments and specific customers, on a continuous basis or per need, in collaboration with business functions.
- Comply with national and international security rules and regulations.
- Define clear and measurable targets for security performance and compliance.
- Evaluate results of risk assessments and recommend commensurate security solutions to identified threats & risks. Amend processes as required.
- Identify, escalate and follow-up of situations of non-compliance and of lack of resources/skills.
- Conduct & coordinate cross border/cross region investigations and manage investigations that are in the Area scope of responsibility.
- Initiate and maintain law enforcement and agencies liaison to provide assistance when needed and to exchange information in accordance with company policy
- Provide solutions to prevent reoccurrence of security incidents.
- To implement, manage and improve the usage of the Global Security Incident Database
- Develop, deploy, train, monitor and test the Area crisis management capabilities in countries, industries and accounts.
- Escalate BDPs and excelling performance.
- Anticipate new threats and provide early solutions to match developing situations.
- Initiate and supervise country risk assessments.
- Develop and constantly improve audit processes and set audit standards.
- Plan, lead and report on country/ location audits, providing clear recommendations when required to country/location.
- Country & functions ownership of security plan templates and matrices.
- Optimal security processes and solutions.
- Solutions are inclusive and practical.
- Acceptance of security KPIs
- Timely resolution of compliance and/or resources issues.
- Successful investigations with recommendations
- Non-reoccurrence of previously identified security breach incidents.
- Achieve target of number of audits per year.
- Individual audit report for country/location.
- Inclusive and practical recommendations.
People - Management
- Manage project teams across region and functions.
- Manage internal and external audit teams across the region.
- Train, motivate, and coach functional staff, providing support and expertise.
- Develop and promote team spirit and collaborative communication channels.
- Project team satisfaction and performance
- Promote the Corporate 7 value
- West Africa security awareness and compliance
- Level of team cohesion and quality of interface with internal and external customers and stakeholders
Profil et critères de sélection du candidat
Skills / Qualifications
- Analytical as well as implementation skills.
- Excellent cross cultural communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in implementation of international security projects/programmes in management position.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience in investigation procedures such as research, data analysis, conducting interviews, compiling and presenting investigative facts
- Excellent written and oral communication ability
Expected years of experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in law enforcement or security-related profession
- University degree level or equivalent through experience.
- Expected next roles
Informations complémentaire sur l'emploi
Secteur d'activité: Poste et livraison express
Type de poste: Temps plein
Horaires de travail: Voir annonce
Langue de travail: Anglais