Contexte / Présentation de l'employeur
Projet :Provision of training services for the MESA Project
The overall objective of the MESA programme is: "to support African decision-makers and planners in design ing and implementing national, regional and continental policies and development plans towards sustainable development, thereby advancing the socioeconomic progress and well-being of African populations towards achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)". The purpose of this service contract is to implement the "Strategy for Capacity Development and Training in MESA".
Description du Poste et Responsabilités
In this framework, the Lead Instructional Designer is responsible for the overall instructional design under the supervision of the Training Manager. In the case of MESA, this strategy involves blending of classroom learning and distance or e-learning. The Lead Instructional Designer will:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (for example in Earth Observation, Public Relations) to define the content of training material, especially for e-learning,
- Define delivery and evaluation strategies for the blend of classroom and distance learning,
- Design e-learning activities and materials required in the distance elements of training courses,
- Promote appropriate software tools for the production of e-learning material,
- Produce training material as appropriate.
Profil et critères de sélection du candidat
Qualifications and skills
- University degree (MSc or equivalent) in a discipline directly related to the purpose of the contract.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly literate, excellent visual design skills, organisation and managerial skills in training programmes and in office administration. Familiar with, and able to use standard office software packages, email and internet effectively.
- Fluent in English and French, with very good working knowledge of the other language. Knowledge of Portuguese will be an asset.
- At least 5 and preferably 10 years' experience in training programmes, including the use of technology to enhance learning and e-learning approaches.
- At least 3 and preferably 5 years' experience in instructional design or related activities, in the development of blended learning and elearning material, and of working with subject matter experts to produce learning material.
- At least 2 years' experience in training in the context of developing countries and working in partnership with other organisations.
- Experience of designing e-learning materials for at least 1 large training programme in the last 5 years.
- Good experience of relevant software for the production of learning materials.
- Experience/understanding of the Environmental Themes (THEMAs) and in environmental decision making processes will be an advantage.
- Earth Observation experience/understanding will be an advantage.
- Appreciation of human capacity development issues in developing countries (continuity, brain-drain, individual versus institutional interests) will be an advantage.
- Experience of working in Africa will be an advantage.
Informations complémentaire sur l'emploi
Secteur d'activité: Autres secteurs
Délai de candidature: 10/05/2014