Type de contrat Mission
Durée du contrat Voir annonce
Niveau d'étude Voir annonce
Niveau d'expérience Au moins 4 ans
Date limite candidature 02/04/2014
Poste n° 168
JOB FAMILY: Health, Nutrition & Population
Background / General description:
Within the World Bank, the Health, Nutrition and Population (HNP) unit for West and Central Africa (AFTHW) has a large and complex portfolio, covering 23 countries of the region. These countries have very different levels of economic and social development and thus benefit from a wide range of support from the Bank (loans, grants, technical assistance). The success of these projects requires a high level of technical and operational support from the Bank. AFTHW therefore is looking for a Health and Nutrition Specialist, based in Benin to support our clients in Benin and to work closely with other development partners. The Benin portfolio includes (i) a project to strengthen performance of the health system, through Results-Based Financing (RBF) mechanism, in coordination with GAVI and the Global Fund, and (ii) three complementary projects to strengthen multisectoral coordination for improved nutrition through Communal food, health and nutrition service delivery, and community mobilization and action. The Health and Nutrition (and Population) Specialist will work closely with the Client’s teams and will provide support to the Bank operational and analytical work. He/she will also contribute to the development and implementation of the Bank strategy for Africa.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Health and Nutrition (and Population) Specialist will have the overall responsibility of supporting the operational work of the HNP team and overseeing the HNP portfolio in Benin. He/she will be team leader (TTL) for certain operations and provide support to other TTLs. As a full member of AFTHW, his / her duties will include: (i) supporting the implementation of the Health System performance Project and the Multisectoral Food Health Nutrition Project, and (ii) supporting the policy dialogue with the Government and Development Partners in the HNP sectors in Benin. He / she will work closely with development partners to strengthen harmonization and coordination of activities and external funding in support of national priorities. From an operational perspective, he / she will oversee the implementation of projects, provide technical support, coordinate with specialists in procurement, financial management and disbursement, and maintain relationships with other partners. The Health and Nutrition Specialist will have the following specific responsibilities:
• Provide leadership in the dialogue with the government and development partners of Benin in support of reforms of the health and nutrition sectors
• Promote knowledge exchange activities that meet the needs of governments and that are integrated with the Bank country partnership strategies.
• Coordinate analytical work on food, health and nutrition issues and contribute to analytical work conducted by PREM in areas such as public expenditure reviews.
• Supervise the health and nutrition projects in Benin with a focus on achieving tangible results in the field.
•ontribute to the efforts of the client to oversee the development of RBF in the health sector and its evaluation, strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and strengthen the capacity of the government to provide the key management functions.
• Contribute to the efforts of the client to institutionalize multisectoral coordination at the national and decentralized policy levels for Commune-level action for the protection and promotion of food and nutrition security of mothers and children;
• Work closely with the Resident Representative and cross-sectoral teams responsible for the preparation and implementation of country programs for Benin.
• Take an active part in the country team activities.
• Keep up to date with the latest developments in the health sector globally, as well as cross-cutting issues affecting the performance of the health sectors.
• Work constructively with active partners in the health sector in Benin and help ensure the availability of sufficient resources and effective utilization to achieve maximum progress.
NB: The position is based in Benin (Cotonou).
• An advanced university degree in Food/Health/Nutrition Economics, Public Health/Nutrition, Health/Nutrition Policy, Demography or related field. At least 4 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge and proven experience in analytical and operational tasks in support of development aid, acquired with the World Bank or with other development institutions.
• Experience in issues related to health system strengthening and multisectoral nutrition development in developing countries would be an asset.
• Experience in coordination with development partners.
• Ability to promote political dialogue by listening to various opinions, integrating ideas and reaching consensus.
• Excellent communicative skills and editorial in French and English. Knowledge of at least one local language would be an advantage.
• Ability to work as a team, as a team member as well as team leader.
• Great team work ethic and good interpersonal relations.
Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena - Understands policy making process; distills operationally relevant recommendations/lessons for clients.
Policy Dialogue Skills - Identifies and assesses policy issues and plays an active role in the dialogue with the government and/or other stakeholders.
Integrative Skills - Working to develop an integrated view across all facets of current sector.
Health, Nutrition and Population Knowledge and Experience - Possesses strong analytical skills (understanding of how to collect and use data) in the field of health, nutrition & population. Able to contribute to the analysis, evaluation, design, strengthening and reform of HNP systems, policies, and programs.
Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.
Secteur d'activité: Banque et établissement financier
Type de poste: Temps plein
Horaires de travail: Horaire normal
Langue de travail: Français
Deuxième langue de travail: Anglais
Délai de candidature: 02/04/2014
|Postuler||Postuler sur le site du Recruteur|