Référence annonce ADB/13/154
Poste publié le
Type de contrat International
Bac + 5 et Plus
Expérience sur poste similaire requise
Date limite candidature
Contexte / Présentation de l'employeur
The main objectives of the Natural Resources and Environmental Management work of the Department are to contribute to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) Nº7, namely to reverse the loss of natural resources and environmental degradation by year 2015. In so doing, the Department supports the promotion of sustainable livelihoods and health of the populations in Africa, and the improvement of the socio-economic conditions of targeted populations, and promotes, at policy and operational level, the operationalization of sustainable protection and use of natural resources and the implementation of the Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs).
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Senior Natural Resources Management Officer, to be based in Luanda, Angola. This is a local position which does not attract international terms and conditions.
ONLY NATIONALS OF ANGOLA OR APPLICANTS WHO ALREADY HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN ANGOLA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. THE BANK DOES NOT SUPPORT APPLICATIONS FOR WORK PERMITS AND RELOCATION.
Description du Poste et Responsabilités
Fonctions et responsabilités
Under the general supervision of the Environment and Sustainable Development Division (OSAN.3) of the OSAN Department, the administrative supervision of the Resident Representative of AOFO and working closely with OSAN.3 and AOFO experts, the incumbent will contribute technical inputs to the Bank Group’s operational activities relating to agriculture, rural development and natural resources and environmental management in Angola, follow-up and monitor OSAN portfolio of NRM projects and studies in Angola, as well as assist in the conception of agricultural projects and programmes proposed for Bank financing. In particular, he/she will:
- Contribute technical inputs into natural resources management (NRM) and environment policies and strategies for intervening in the agricultural and rural development sector, in line with country strategy papers for Angola and if needed in other Regional Member Countries (RMC);
- Contribute technical input into the preparation of portfolio reviews and strategies in Angola, with particular reference to the sustainable use and protection of Natural Resources (water, land, forests, fisheries and biodiversity, etc.);
- Contribute technical inputs into the preparation of NRM development programmes and projects, and pre-investment studies for the country-lending programmes;
- Act as an expert in the multidisciplinary natural resource issues on water and land, agriculture, forestry and fisheries, including co-ordination with other stakeholders within the Bank along with other donors and development partners in Angola;
- Contribute technical inputs in Angola’s operational activities towards improved responses to global environmental challenges affecting natural resources and food security, such as climate change and land degradation;
- Conduct and review project preparation and appraisal reports, mid-term reviews and project completion reports, as well as Terms of Reference (ToR) of studies proposed for Bank Group financing in the country;
- Undertake initial reviews of procurement and disbursements documents, projects’ annual and quarterly reports submitted for clearance of the Manager;
- Contribute to the preparation of the Departmental annual work program and budgets according to the priorities set forth by the Country and the Regional Department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Manager of OSAN.3, the Resident Representative AOFO or senior management.
Profil et critères de sélection du candidat
Critères de sélection
Notamment compétences, connaissances et expérience souhaitables
- At least a Master’s degree in natural resources management, agricultural science, soil and water resources, environmental management or related disciplines;
- Preferably a minimum of four (4) years relevant professional experience in the development of Natural Resources and Environmental Management operations, policy formation, capacity building and project management in agricultural and natural resources management sectors;
- Extensive knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices of conservation, management, protection, and sustainable utilization of natural resource such as water and land, agriculture, and forestry;
- Strong background and knowledge in natural resources issues and their inherently complex and dynamic environmental, hydrological, and agro-forestry systems as well as climate change and its implications on these systems;
- Experience in dealing with national governments, regional bodies and international organizations on natural resources, and agro-environmental issues;
- Experience and skills necessary for facilitating collaborative approaches to management of shared natural resources such as trans-boundary watercourses and bodies;
- Ability to organize and conduct trainings and technical workshops related to the sustainable use and protection of natural resources;
- Proven writing and analytical skills; ability to initiate innovative approaches and originality at work; sound conceptual ability and updated knowledge of critical NRM and environmental management issues;
- Proven ability for team-working and multi-tasking; great facilitation, presentation, communication and computational skills; resourcefulness, attention to details and client orientation;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office application; knowledge of SAP is a plus;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French; with a working knowledge of the other language. Knowledge of Portuguese Language is a plus.
Pour postuler à ce poste, vous devez être ressortissants d'un des pays membres de la BAD.
- Soumis par: Amir Zahir, Division Manager, CHRM.1
- Approuvé par: Joseph O. Badaki, Director, CHRM
Seul(e)s les candidat(e)s qui auront satisfait à toutes les exigences du poste et qui auront été retenu(e)s pour les entretiens seront contacté(e)s.
Seuls les dossiers de candidature enregistrés en ligne avec un curriculum vitae (CV) complet joint seront examinés. Le Président de la BAD se réserve le droit de nommer un candidat à un grade inférieur à celui du poste annoncé.
La Banque africaine de développement est un employeur garantissant l’égalité des chances, et les candidatures féminines sont vivement encouragées: www.afdb.org/jobs
Informations complémentaire sur l'emploi
Secteur d'activité: Banque et établissement financier
Type de poste: Temps plein
Horaires de travail: Horaire normal
Délai de candidature: 24/11/2013