Poste publié le 03/02/2014
Type de contrat Autre contrat
Niveau d'étude Bac
Niveau d'expérience Au moins 5 ans
Date limite candidature 03/03/2014
Poste n° 108
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
The Country FSO is under the direct supervision of the WHO Country Representative (WR) and has regional reporting responsibility to the Regional Director (RD) and the Director of GMC through the Regional FSO. Overall technical direction on security policy and procedures is provided by the WHO Security Focal Point and the Coordinator of Security Services (SEC), Headquarters (HQ).
Description of duties:
Within the framework of WHO's Security Management Structure, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Advise and support the Representative and Heads of Offices in managing staff safety and security of WHO premises and property.
2. Ensure WHO's participation in the UN Security Management System including maintaining close co-operation with UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and FSOs, monitoring WHO's compliance with Minimum Operation Security Standards (MOSS) requirements, cooperating with management to develop security planning, and supporting WHO staff serving as members of the country and area Security Management Teams and Wardens.
3. Undertake periodic security assessments and analysing security factors and levels of risk related to WHO activities. Evaluate existing security measures to determine their appropriateness and identify areas needing improvement.
4. Provide safety and security briefings, advice and training to WHO staff members and associated personnel.
5. Maintain updated security information and prepare periodic situation reports in accordance with UN and WHO standard operating procedures and as agreed upon with the Representative and WHO security management.
Essential: University degree supplemented by the relevant training/formal education in security, or a university degree from a military or police academy.
- For WHO General Services (GS) staff who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications specified may be considered eligible to apply for this generic vacancy notice if:
* it can be demonstrated that they have the full body of the knowledge required for the position in question; and,
* they have a minimum of six years of progressive WHO experience relevant to the vacancy
- Communicating in a credible and effective way;
- Fostering integration and teamwork;
- Ensuring the effective use of resources;
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment;
- Setting an example.
- Relevant security training with military or police is an asset.
- Analytical and team-working skills, knowledge of UN field security operations.
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools
Five years of relevant professional experience at national and international levels with experience in field operations.
Experience in field mission of UN or other international organizations would be an advantage
Excellent knowledge of English or French and working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of Portuguese will be an asset.
Applicants are kindly requested to pay attention to the screening questions as they will be used to screen out unqualified candidates.
- Only qualified applicants with the relevant experience will be considered.
- Candidates for this position will be considered only if they have successfully completed a formal assessment.
- A written test/presentation and interviews will be used as a form of screening. The written test might be used as an eliminatory tool.
- Interviews will include competency-based questions.
Successful candidates will be added to the roster from which individual Country Field Security Officer opportunities will be filled. Candidatures will be retained on roster for two years.
Annual salary: (Net of tax)
US$ 56,018 at single rate
US$ 60,013 with primary dependants
Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WHO to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit WHO's e-Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Secteur d'activité: Organisme international
Type de poste: Temps plein
Horaires de travail: Horaire normal
Langue de travail: Anglais
Deuxième langue de travail: Français
Délai de candidature: 03/03/2014
|Postuler||Postuler sur le site du Recruteur|